0

My Routine Skin Care (Face) continous

After the previously post, i had wrote about my daily routine skin care for my face. But that was all about Olay White Radiance Product Series that i used. Besides Olay, i do use some other skin care, most of them was a local product which means totally made by Indonesia. I do some weekly routine skin care, but i more prefer to made some home remedies from a natural ingredients than used a skin care in cosmetic store, because i thought that home remedies (DIY) was so much had many benefit to your skin. After all, thats come from natural ingredients so it doesn't had an any side effets which a bad effects to your skin.

Viva Milk Cleanserand Face Tonic Green Tea
Viva has several variants of milk cleansers and tonics geared toward different skin types, with three variants for oily skin: cucumber, lemon and averrhoa (i.e. star fruit or belimbing in Indonesian). A bottle of cleanser or face tonic cost less than Rp5,000 each, and the fact that they’ve been around forever (it seems) attest to their effectiveness. Since my skin is oily, I’ve mainly used the cucumber variant, sometimes alternating with the other variants. But lately i choose viva Green Tea, because i heard in many beauty forum (Indonesian forum) that many womens felt so statisfied with this variant better than other variants.  A generous FD Forum (FashioneseDaily Forum) member gave me a set of the Green Tea milk cleanser and tonic since she found them incompatible with her skin. It’s a welcome gift since the set wasn’t available in my local grocers at the time and I was curious to try it. A bit wary at first given my friend’s experience, I’ve been using the set now for 2 weeks.
The milk cleanser has a thick lotion consistency, similar to the cucumber variant. The ingredients listed includes Camellia Sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, mineral oil, cetyl alcohol (nothing like rubbing alcohol since it is an emollient made from vegetable oils) and other standard ingredients such as parabens, perfumes and colorants. Green tea is known to have antioxidant properties, and tea tree antibacterial properties, so both are desirable ingredients in a skin cleanser, frequently featured in other brands as well.
As standard with other cleansers, I spread the lotion evenly over my face and remove it with a cotton square. It has a somewhat medium-strong fragrance which, to me, doesn’t resemble a ‘green tea’ smell; rather, it’s tinged with the antiseptic-type fragrance commonly associated with tea tree oil, which I neither like nor dislike. The cleanser takes off makeup, dirt and oil, leaving the face clean and not greasy. Since my skin is oily, I normally follow up with using a gentle foaming cleanser (to remove all residue), face moisturizer and eye cream. The Viva Green Tea cleanser meets all my expectations, and in the future I foresee using it regularly in rotation with my beloved Viva cucumber cleanser.
I don’t usually use face tonics after cleansing with a foam cleanser since I generally find them too drying. However, not so with the Viva Green Tea tonic. Similar with the cleanser, the tonic has green tea and tea tree extracts, and in addition also includes witch hazel distillate and hydrogenated castol oil. I put some tonic on a square of cotton and gently pat all over my face. It actually gives a pleasant cooling effect on the skin, doesn’t sting, and doesn’t leave my face feeling dry and tight after use. I’ve been using the tonic about every other day for two weeks, and am very satisfied with the result. I’ll be using the tonic regularly from now on.
After more than two weeks of using the Viva Green Tea line, my face is still its normal self, with no breakouts, drying, or increased oil activity, which makes the cleanser set a clear winner in my opinion! And at less than Rp10,000 for the set (at least 2 month’s supply), it does the job without breaking the piggy bank. As with other skincare, however, I’d suggest doing a patch test first on a small section of your face, especially if you have sensitive skin.

The Body Shop Raspberry Lip Balm
I applied this lip balm every single night just before i went to sleep. Its a timeless beauty secret to apply a lip balm everynight before you sleep ro keep your lips smooth. I love the smell of this lipbalm, so sweet.. The Body Shop also had many variants for this lipbalm product, such anStrawberry, Passionberry, Watermelon, and Satsuma. And there's a lip butter too.

Mustika Ratu Peeling Mundisari and Bengkoang Mask
Mundisari Peeling made from natural plant's ingredients and original rice flour. Help to exfoliate dead cells from skins surface and accelerates skin rejuvenation process, use before masking. Bengkoang Mask has a cooling effect and lightens skin color. It also reduces black spots on the face and neck areas. I use it regularly twice a week!!

Egg Facial Mask
So here my home remedies that i usually do for once a week. An egg facial mask. I got this recipe from my favorite beauty guru on youtube, Michelle Phan. I do exactly what Michelle says on video, and its feel amazing, after doing this egg facial mask my face feel so smooth and shiny. You should try it too, no side effets. This is particularly good for oily skin. Using this facial on oily skin, you'll noticed an immediate reduction in oils. The egg white draws the oils out, while the egg yolk moisturizes. You will want to do both parts of this one if you have oily skin. This also works very well for firming the skin.

here's Michelle phan Video :

Required Things 
- Two Glasses/Small Bowls 
- 1 Egg 
- Water 
- Washcloth 
- Headband (optional)
Steps 
- Get two small bowls. 
- Separate one egg into two bowls - white in one bowl, and yolk in the other. Optional: Add a few drops of lemon juice if you have oily skin. It will help eliminate oil. Don't try it if you have dry skin, however, as it will irritate the skin. 
- Spread the egg white around your face in circular upward motions while avoiding the eyes. 
- Wait 15-30 minutes. You want it to 'harden' on your face. 
- Break the egg white off of your face. 
- Spread yolk around face in the same manner as the egg white. 
- Wait 15-30 minutes. 
- Wash the egg yolk off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Tips 
- Pull your hair back and keep it away from face while doing procedure. 
- Do this at night, not in the morning. 
- Use only one egg. 
- Use a wash cloth or your hands to rinse the egg off. 
- You can also use this mask on the backs of your thighs to get rid of the appearance of cellulite. 
- It may be best to use before getting in the shower, just so you can get it off better. 
- I heard beating the egg white until frothy is better, so it goes on your skin more completely. 
- A good idea that I was given is to hold your head over a steaming pot of water with a towel draped over your head and the pot before and after using the mask. This opens up your pores before you do the mask making it more effective and then afterwords it helps your pores close more slowly so that your skin doesn't feel stiff and akward.
Warnings 
- Eggs may carry salmonella bacteria. Be careful not to get raw egg in your mouth, eyes, or nose, and wash well afterward. 
- This may smell a bit. 
- Your facial skin will feel tight and it will be hard to move your face while the egg white and yolk dries.
  
Lips Scrub Made of  Sugar, Honey and Vaseline Petroleoum Jelly
Usually i do this Lips Scrub twice a week to exfoliate my lips. Because i hate dry lips. I got this recipe also from Michelle Phan, my favorite beauty guru on youtube.  Your lips are just as gentle as your skin, so be sure to take extra care of your lips and use lip balm or lip products with SPF. Remember you don't have to use ALL ORGANIC products. Whatever you have in your kitchen should work just fine. If you don't have honey or if you are allergic to honey, use Olive Oil instead.

Here's Michelle video :

 I only need a sugar, honey and vaseline petroleoum jelly. All i have to do is just mix all the ingredients on a bowl, and then apply it to lips and scrub it.
its quite easy to make and for me, i prefer to scrub my lips using a tootbrush, because tootbrush really exfoliate the dried and dead lips skin.

to be continued..
because i still have many home remedies that i usually had for my routine skin care..
remember, using natural ingredients is soooo much better than using a product from cosmetic store, because it give your skin nutrition that really good for us.
 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top